This delicious and easy Chicken Chow Mein recipe serves 4 people and is perfect for a quick and satisfying weeknight meal. Packed with tender chicken, colorful vegetables, and stir-fried noodles, this dish will become a family favorite.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 cups cooked chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken breasts and cook until cooked through and no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and onion, cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Add the bell pepper, bean sprouts, and carrots, cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, and water. Stir well to combine.
- Add the cooked chow mein noodles to the skillet with the vegetables and pour the sauce mixture over the top.
- Stir to coat the noodles and vegetables evenly with the sauce.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and toss everything together, allowing the noodles and chicken to heat through for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with sliced green onions.